Chief People Officer and VP of Organizational Development at LifeWay Christian Resources, former President of B&H Publishing Group, over twenty years in various leadership roles, loves the church, a marriage and family counselor/speaker, an advocate for moms, a cheerleader for marriages, a wife, a mother, a grandmother, but mostly a woman transformed by Jesus.
I will be sharing my thoughts on these topics weekly:
- Leadership: Practical tools and resources to lead people and to lead organizations to be healthy and successful from a biblical and Christian perspective.
- Coaching: Practical leadership development planning for ongoing growth as a leader.
- Encouragement: Challenging and inspiring to step up and step in to the place of leadership and influence that God has placed you.
- Marriage & Family: Practical advise, resources, and tools for you to have a strong and thriving marriage and family life.
- Inspirational stories: Unsung heroes of people changing the world, stories from my own leadership experiences and my international travels.
- Feature guest-post writers, authors, and leaders
- Weekly link ups to some of my favorite blog posts of the week
The Selma on Leadership Podcast is my weekly podcast designed to inspire you and equip you to reach your full potential in Christ. My goal for the podcast is to help you, the listener, be successful in the place God has you — in leadership and in all areas of your life. For more info click here >>
My husband, Rodney, and I have been married for 39 years. He is an Associate Pastor/Marriage & Family Counselor and will be joining me often to share on marriage and family insights. We have two adult daughters, two amazing son-in-laws, and three precious grandchildren!
I earned my Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga in education and completed continuing education courses, with emphases in organizational development and human resource management, at the University of Southern California, Columbia University, and Middle Tennessee State University.
My passions include:
- Jesus – I placed my faith in Christ as a young girl and have been captured by His grace and love ever since.
- The Bible – His Word provides clarity and direction on life and for leadership.
- The Church – So much of my own growth and development has come through the church. I love the pastor, the staff, the community of faith, and the mission and ministry of the church.
- Leadership – The world needs leaders to lead with courage, conviction, passion, and resolve in the place God has called them using the gifts God has given them.
- Marriage – God created marriage and His plan was an extraordinary oneness that can only happen through Christ.
- Family – We are not meant to do life alone. God created the church and the family. It is a wonderful and beautiful gift to do life as family. My children and now my grandchildren teach me so much about life and leadership.
- Learning – books of all kinds, blogs, magazines, and podcasts – I love to learn!
- Outdoors – I love hiking, biking, boating, snow skiing, wading in creeks and walks on the beach.