I pray you had a wonderful 4th of July celebration with your family and friends. We packed it in at the Wilson house enjoying our community fireworks show, grilling burgers, and making home made ice cream. It was great to be with family and friends.
Our 241st birthday is something to celebrate. Our history is rich with stories of men and women who believed in the freedom this country was founded on. No, we don’t have a perfect past and we still debate issues, but freedom is still core to what it means to be an American.Jesus taught us best how to pray (Matthew 6:9-13) his teaching is good to pray for our nation. Click To Tweet
As fireworks are still going off as I write this, I am reminded to pray for our nation. Jesus taught us best how to pray (Matthew 6:9-13) and I believe his teaching is good for us to pray for our nation.
1. We would honor God. More than being in our constitution, it’s in God’s word that we honor God. Jesus starts his teaching on how to pray with the words “Our Father in heaven, Your name be honored as holy.”
2. That God’s will be done. Jesus said to pray, “Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.” More of God’s will and less of our own. More of heaven on earth. More of God’s will for me, you, and for our nation.
3. For God to provide daily provision for us. Jesus said to pray, “Give us today our daily bread.” I pray our nation never takes for granted the provisions of God. Every single day. As the sun rises and sets each day, we acknowledge God as the great provider. I pray that God would open our eyes to see all that He has provided and that we would continue to acknowledge that our provisions come from him.I pray that God would open our eyes to see all that He has provided. Click To Tweet
4. For God to forgive us (as we also have forgiven others). Jesus said to pray, “And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.” Honoring God’s holiness leads us to ask for his forgiveness for our lack of holiness. Forgiveness is the way of God. The more we understand the forgiveness of God in our own lives, the more we must forgive others. Our nation needs a deep flood of God’s forgiveness.
5. For God to protect us from the evil one. Jesus said to pray, “And do not bring us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.” Our nation needs protection from evil. Evil within and evil outside our borders. We need God’s hand of protection over our nation. All our strength will not be sufficient for the evil in our world. We desperately need God’s protection. For our families. For our children. For our grandchildren. For our nation.
How do you pray for our nation?