Welcome to Season 5, Episode 11 of the Selma on Leadership podcast. In this episode my co-host Kristen McCall and I discuss Lessons Learned from Christmas. Are you filled with awe and joy this season?
Some highlights from our discussion include:
- The importance of regaining the awe and wonder of the Christmas story.
- How true joy is much different than fleeting happiness.
- Why leaders should never loose hope, regardless of what the circumstances are.
- “I think we need to always remember part of the awe is being humbled. All the characters in the Christmas story were humbled. Mary was humbled that God had chose her. The shepherds were humbled that the angels had visited them. The wise men, these wise kings, they were humbled that they could kneel down before the Christ child. Those two go hand in hand. As leaders in positions of power and influence, humility and awe should always bring us to our knees, because God has chosen us, God has allowed us to be in this place, He’s given us the opportunity that we have to lead. So let this season of Christmas remind you again of the awe and wonder of God, and the gift that you have to be able to make an impact in other people’s lives — be amazed at that.”
- “Christmas reminds us of the joy. Turn the music up louder. Put on a wild and crazy sweatshirt. Decorate your house. All of those are symbols of joy. I’m always sad after Christmas to take down all the decorations, because it’s like a big party you’re having in your house.”
Click to Listen
- Kristen’s epic Christmas sweater
- Connect with Selma Wilson on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram
- Connect with Rodney Wilson on Twitter
- Connect with Kristen Steele McCall on her blog, KristenMcCall.com, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
Click here to download a full transcript of this episode.
I’d Love to Hear From You
What do you think about the podcast? What are you most looking forward to hearing from me on the podcast?
If you have an idea for a podcast episode or a question about something we’ve discussed in an episode, you can email me or comment below.
Also if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. Your comments help to get the word out about the new podcast!