Welcome to Season 5, Episode 7 of the Selma on Leadership podcast. In this episode my co-host Kristen McCall and I dive into the topic of how Church can serve families well rather than being another cause of stress.
Some highlights from our discussion include:
- Is your church’s schedule unintentionally tearing apart family time rather than guarding it?
Respect your Pastor’s own family time and don’t expect too much from your pastoral staff.
Is your overpacked schedule robbing you of the joy of living well?
- “Everything’s important. But not everything can be a priority… I believe one principle is never say yes to anything until you’ve had time to pray about it. When you learn to stop when someone asks you something and say, ‘Thank you, I’ll need to get back with you. I need to pray about this.’ I will give yourself pause to pull back, look at your calendar, look at your commitments, and don’t answer spontaneously. Just don’t.”
- “Busyness can rob you of the joy of living purposely and intentionally.”
Click to Listen
- 4 Blind Spots Your Church Can Have in Serving Church Families
- Connect with Selma Wilson on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram
- Connect with Kristen Steele McCall on her blog, KristenMcCall.com, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
Click here to download a full transcript of this episode.
I’d Love to Hear From You
What do you think about the podcast? What are you most looking forward to hearing from me on the podcast?
If you have an idea for a podcast episode or a question about something we’ve discussed in an episode, you can email me or comment below.
Also if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. Your comments help to get the word out about the new podcast!