Welcome to Season 5, Episode 6 of the Selma on Leadership podcast. In this episode my co-host Kristen McCall and I dive into the topic of planning and scheduling productive meetings. What makes a meeting successful?
Some highlights from our discussion include:
- The difference from having a really great meeting to one that’s a waste of time.
- The importance of knowing the objective of each meeting you schedule.
- Why who you invite to a meeting is just as important as the meeting’s purpose.
- How to know if a meeting has been successful.
- “If you can’t walk away from a meeting and say, and you should always do this, did I meet the objective? Was my why accomplished? Sometimes it will and sometimes it won’t, but you need to really be able to evaluate the meeting’s success. Really spend the time, say what is my purpose in this meeting?”
- “Invite the people in the room that are going to engage in your objective, that are very clearly aligned to the objective that you want to have happen.”
Click to Listen
- 12 Signs You May Be Making Idols Out of Your Children
- Connect with Selma Wilson on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram
- Connect with Kristen Steele McCall on her blog, KristenMcCall.com, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
Click here to download a full transcript of this episode.
I’d Love to Hear From You
What do you think about the podcast? What are you most looking forward to hearing from me on the podcast?
If you have an idea for a podcast episode or a question about something we’ve discussed in an episode, you can email me or comment below.
Also if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. Your comments help to get the word out about the new podcast!