Some highlights from the interview with my Dad include:
- The value in working hard all the days of your life.
- How to learn from all different people in life, even a con artist.
- Holding fast to your faith is crucial, especially during hard times.
- Reframing how we think of retirement and rest.
- “Sometimes you need to reach out to somebody who’s closer to the end to gain the wisdom they’ve had in living their life, and let it impact you so that you live well today.”
- “We’re designed by God to work. I need to reframe what rest in retirement looks like. I think we have seasons of rest, and maybe we can rest a little more, but we’re supposed to work hard all the days of our life.”
- “I hope you can fast forward, look at the end of your life, and come back and live better today because you’ve learned some nuggets of wisdom from some people who’ve been there and done that.”
Click to Listen
- 17 Nuggets of Wisdom from my 90-Year-Old Dad Himself
- Connect with Selma Wilson on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram
- Connect with Kristen Steele McCall on her blog, KristenMcCall.com, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
Click here to download a full transcript of this episode.
I’d Love to Hear From You
What do you think about the podcast? What are you most looking forward to hearing from me on the podcast?
If you have an idea for a podcast episode or a question about something we’ve discussed in an episode, you can email me or comment below.
Also if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. Your comments help to get the word out about the new podcast!