Welcome to Season 5, Episode 2 of the Selma on Leadership podcast. In this episode my co-host Kristen McCall and I launch our fall podcast season and discuss Why I Feel Blessed at Work. Join us as we dive into the topic happiness with your job.
Some highlights from this episode include:
- What the key factor is in your happiness at work
- Ways to look at the positives in your job
- The importance of contentment
- “Show up fully in the job you have rather than dreaming about the job you wish you had.”
- “If you’re not content where you are, you’re not going to be content in going somewhere else.”
- “God’s put you where you are now, and what are you going to do about it? How are you going to thrive in it?”
- “Look at where you are, look at the people around you, look at the opportunity that you have, and be thankful for that opportunity.”
- “Sometimes when you’re in a situation that may be difficult for you, it may be that God is doing a work on YOU. You have an opportunity to grow and develop, and you don’t want to miss that opportunity.”
Click to Listen
- Why I Feel Lucky/Blessed Doing What I’m Doing
- Connect with Selma Wilson on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram
- Connect with Kristen Steele McCall on her blog, KristenMcCall.com, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
Click here to download a full transcript of this episode.
I’d Love to Hear From You
What do you think about the podcast? What are you most looking forward to hearing from me on the podcast?
If you have an idea for a podcast episode or a question about something we’ve discussed in an episode, you can email me or comment below.
Also if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. Your comments help to get the word out about the new podcast!