Welcome to Season 4, Episode 10 of the Selma on Leadership podcast. In this episode my co-host Kristen McCall and I wrap up our summer development series and discuss Peter’s Perfect Prayer Place by Stephen and Alex Kendrick. Join us as we discuss what we can learn from this sweet and poignant children’s book on prayer.
In this episode you will learn:
- How to really teach your kids about prayer (and it’s not a lecture!).
- What’s to love about this classic children’s book.
- The importance of modeling prayer for our children.
- That children can teach us some many valuable lessons.
Click to Listen
“Children teach us so much that we need to remember as adults, so much about life and leadership. Children get excited about little things. They are full of so much joy and so much energy over simple things like stickers in a book or catching bugs (my grandson Josiah loves bugs!). They’re all in the moment, and they’re in awe of the moment, and sometimes adults lose the awe of the moment.”
“Wherever you are in your prayer life, rest in the blessing and the privilege that you have that you can talk to the King of the universe, and He hears your prayers, so pray.”
- Peter’s Perfect Prayer Place book review
- 4 Reasons to Take a Leadership Pause this Summer
- #1 Leadership Action to do This Summer
- Why Leaders Need Rest
- Connect with Selma Wilson on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram
- Connect with Kristen Steele McCall on her blog, KristenMcCall.com, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
Click here to download a full transcript of this episode.
I’d Love to Hear From You
What do you think about the podcast? What are you most looking forward to hearing from me on the podcast?
If you have an idea for a podcast episode or a question about something we’ve discussed in an episode, you can email me or comment below.
Also if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. Your comments help to get the word out about the new podcast!