My oldest grandson just started Kindergarten. Oh my heart. A grandmother’s heart is to protect, maybe even to hold on too tight. Where in the world has the time gone? As Josiah got ready for his first day with great excitement and great eagerness, I stopped and realized he was teaching me some valuable lessons about life and leadership. Here are a few:
10 Leadership Lessons Learned from a Kindergartener
- A new start brings energy and adventure.
- New tools (a backpack and a new box of crayons) provide new opportunities to learn and grow.
- It is a good thing to let someone go so they can grow.
- New adventures mean new opportunities.
- A new beginning requires courage.
- A smile really does make a big difference.
- Celebration helps everyone embrace change.
- Letting go really means trusting God.
- It’s okay to be a little nervous when you do new things but you don’t have to be afraid.
- Having people cheer you on gives you confidence.
I am so blessed to be a grandmother. Josiah, Abby, and Caleb bring so much joy to our family. I am sure the adventure of being a grandmother has only just begun and there will be many other milestones and many more lessons they will teach me about life. I pray I don’t miss one lesson!
“Teach us to number our days carefully so that we may develop wisdom in our hearts.” Psalm 90:12
What lessons have you learned from the children in your life?