Welcome to Season 4, Episode 7 of the Selma on Leadership podcast. In this episode my co-host Kristen McCall and I continue our summer development series and discuss, Originals by Adam Grant. Join us as we talk about originality and it’s importance in all areas of our lives.
In this episode you will learn:
- Examples of what originality is in the workplace, for yourself personally and in parenting
- Why the greatest deterrent to success is success
- The dangers of squelching original thinking
Click to Listen
“People who champion originality are people who create room and trust and confidence that people can be original.”
“This whole idea of unleashing creativity for yourself personally, for your children, and for your organization is giving people time to think. Let them use their minds and their experiences to create, to innovate, to test and to try.”
- Leadership Lessons from Originals by Adam Grant
- 4 Reasons to Take a Leadership Pause this Summer
- #1 Leadership Action to do This Summer
- Why Leaders Need Rest
- Connect with Selma Wilson on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram
- Connect with Kristen Steele McCall on her blog, KristenMcCall.com, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
Click here to download a full transcript of this episode.
I’d Love to Hear From You
What do you think about the podcast? What are you most looking forward to hearing from me on the podcast?
If you have an idea for a podcast episode or a question about something we’ve discussed in an episode, you can email me or comment below.
Also if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. Your comments help to get the word out about the new podcast!