Welcome to Season 4, Episode 5 of the Selma on Leadership podcast. In this episode my co-host Kristen McCall and I continue our summer development series and discuss 5 Habits of a Woman Who Doesn’t Quit by Nicki Koziarz. Join us as we discuss the prevalent quitting mindset of our culture and ways we can combat it.
In this episode you will learn:
- Habits to keep you in the game and not quit
- The importance of seeing something through
- How to trust God to tell us to move or change if we do need to quit something
Here are the 5 habits she recommends:
- Accept the assignment of refinement.
- Follow through with your commitments despite how you feel.
- Stay open to the movement of God.
- Give others what you need.
- Move forward in faith.
Click to Listen
“I do think in our culture there is a quitting mindset, I can quit my marriage, I can quit my church, I can quit my job… Maybe quitting isn’t what you need to do. Maybe there is some development that needs to happen and don’t just bail out the easy way, but lean into it.”
“Stay open to the movement of God in the middle of the very place you are. God is at work, he’s not going to leave you, he’s in the middle of the place you are right now no matter what that looks like… Sometimes in the middle of that hard place you just need to say, ‘Lord open my eyes to see, help me to see, and help me to just stand in confidence that you’re here, you’re at work.'”
- Summer Development: 5 Habits of a Woman Who Doesn’t Quit
- 4 Reasons to Take a Leadership Pause this Summer
- #1 Leadership Action to do This Summer
- Why Leaders Need Rest
- Connect with Selma Wilson on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram
- Connect with Kristen Steele McCall on her blog, KristenMcCall.com, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
Click here to download a full transcript of this episode.
I’d Love to Hear From You
What do you think about the podcast? What are you most looking forward to hearing from me on the podcast?
If you have an idea for a podcast episode or a question about something we’ve discussed in an episode, you can email me or comment below.
Also if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. Your comments help to get the word out about the new podcast!