There are so many places for women to use their gifts in the church today and there are so many places their gifts are needed.
Often, the conversation centers around what women can’t do in the church rather than on the many, many, many places their leadership and influence is needed. I believe the Scriptures tell us the job of preaching and role of pastoring the local church are reserved for men, but that doesn’t mean women can’t lead, too.Often, we talk about what women can't do in the church rather than on the many, many ways they are needed. Click To Tweet
Throughout church history, women have had a significant role in church growth. There is still such a critical need for women to lead out in some traditional areas of service like children’s ministry, youth ministry, college/young adult ministry, prayer ministry, music ministry, and missions. But there are also many new and much needed leadership roles for women in the church.
This isn’t an exhaustive list but some ideas that may expand your thinking about how women can provide significant leadership in the church today.
15 Ways Women Can Lead in the Church Without Preaching:
- Communication strategy
- Social media strategy
- Design strategy for ministry areas
- Community outreach initiatives
- Adoption advocate & advisor
- Foster Care advocate & advisor
- Lead in widow care strategy
- Develop welcome strategy for visitors (those visiting the church)
- Develop external welcome strategy (those moving into the community)
- Legal counsel for the church
- Interior design expertise
- Landscaping expertise
- Teaching others how to use their gifts and abilities for ministry (financial planning, technology skills, culinary skills, social media skills, etc.)
- Athletic expertise and ministry (develop a running club, biking club, etc.)
- Writing and editing abilities
Are you using your gifts and abilities in your church? If not, pray and talk to your pastor or other ministry leaders in your church about how you can serve. It will make all the difference to you and to your church.
“Now as we have many parts in one body, and all the parts do not have the same function, in the same way we who are many are one body in Christ and individually members of one another. According to the grace given to us, we have different gifts”. Romans 12:3-6a
I would love to hear how you are using your gifts in your church. What would you add to this list?I would love to hear how you are using your gifts in your church. What would you add to this list? Click To Tweet