In this episode you will learn:
- How being a parent helps you learn a variety of leadership lessons
- God didn’t give us a spirit of fear in parenting or in leadership
- Funny examples of how there are leadership lessons in both toddlers and the workplace
Click to Listen
TweetsWhat leadership lessons have you learned from being a parent? Click To Tweet Just being a parent, you've got die to yourself. Click To Tweet
A huge leadership principle that you’re learning in the middle of being a mom is perfection is absolutely impossible and you need to lay that down.
Being a mom is one of the best things to happen for your own leadership development. I am a champion of moms, and it is wonderful, beautiful, hard and exhausting. It is every emotion in the books. I’m telling you there are so many leadership principles and truths that you’re learning right in the middle of being a mom.
Parenting is a wonderful thing. Your children are beautiful, and we celebrate them as a gift from God. Don’t underestimate all that you are learning from your children. It’s a wonderful season of life. It’s crazy that you’re packing up some leadership lessons that will serve you throughout the seasons of your life. Enjoy them. Soak them up and know you’re in the graduate school of all graduate schools.
You can download a complete transcription of the episode here.
- Connect with Selma Wilson on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram
- Connect with Kristen Steele McCall on her blog, KristenMcCall.com, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
I’d Love to Hear From You
What do you think about the podcast? What are you most looking forward to hearing from me on the podcast?
If you have an idea for a podcast episode or a question about something we’ve discussed in an episode, you can email me or comment below.
Also if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. Your comments help to get the word out about the new podcast!