Welcome to Season 2, Episode 4 of the Selma on Leadership podcast. In this episode I am excited to have my co-host Kristen McCall join me as we talk about the toxic people in the workplace and how to handle them with healthy boundaries.
In this episode you will learn:
- What are the characteristics of a toxic person
- Why we all need boundaries and what they are
- How boundaries change during different seasons of our lives
- When it is time to cut off toxic people in the workplace
Click to Listen
TweetsOne of the signs that you have healthy boundaries is your ability to say NO. Click To Tweet Do the people in your life drain you or bring you energy? Click To Tweet Boundaries are about guarding the health of your organization. Click To Tweet
When you’re with somebody — a friend, and definitely in the dating relationship — if you don’t feel better about yourself when you leave their company then you need to put up a flag. In healthy relationships, when you’re with people, you’re going to feel better about yourself… In unhealthy relationships you’re going to feel drained and feel worse about yourself. You’re going to feel insecure, not confident because their toxic behavior is poisoning your own view of yourself.
You do have the option to walk away from toxic people and there are times when you need to put boundaries up in your life. There’s a point when you say, “I’ve gone as far as I can go in this relationship and it’s not healthy for you or me.”
You can download a complete transcription of the episode here.
- 4 Tips to Being a Healthy Leader
- 8 Phrases Leaders Should Say Often
- Connect with Selma Wilson on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
- Connect with Kristen Steele McCall on her blog, KristenMcCall.com, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
I’d Love to Hear From You
What do you think about the podcast? What are you most looking forward to hearing from me on the podcast?
If you have an idea for a podcast episode or a question about something we’ve discussed in an episode, you can email me or comment below.
Also if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. Your comments help to get the word out about the new podcast!