Yesterday I shared Leaders Celebrate with Their Teams – Part I, in which I outlined the importance of celebration to your team and a list of ideas of what to celebrate with your team.
The ways you celebrate as a team are as creative and diverse as the people on your team. If you create a celebration culture, your team will come up with ideas on their own. Here are a few:
10 Ways to Celebrate
- Have a celebration breakfast for an accomplishment or a holiday and then give the team the rest of the day off.
- Organize a team community service project. One team wanted to celebrate by serving in a food kitchen near our office. Giving back is a great sign of a healthy team.
- Ice cream celebrations and pizza parties are always a favorite. Food and celebration just go together like birthday cake and ice-cream.
- A team outing to play laser tag, go bowling, or a picnic.
- A team development opportunity in a nice location.
- A team lunch with executive leadership.
- A handwritten note.
- Specific recognition to the full team either written or live.
- A thank you call to the spouse of one of your teammates for their support when longer hours are required on a project plus a gift certificate for dinner out.
- And last, but also an option, a financial gift/bonus.
As a leader, make sure you’re creating a celebration culture within your team. It will refresh your team, let them know you care, and boost their morale!
“But the righteous are glad; they rejoice before God and celebrate with joy.” Psalm 68:3
How do you celebrate in your organization? I would love to hear from you.