Your Team Needs Monday Morning Leadership
Weekends are great times to refuel. Time with family, friends, worship, ministry, just having another routine allows people to disconnect from the daily operational execution of work. Monday is the day to jump start the energy of a well-rested and refueled team. Reading, thinking, pondering — all are inputs that provide an amazing opportunity for output on a team.
Mondays are great because they represent a fresh new week packed with new opportunities, and yes even new challenges. Do you look forward to Monday mornings or is it the time you most dread in the week?Mondays are great because they represent a fresh new week packed with new opportunities & new challenges. Click To Tweet
Five reasons I love Mondays:
- I love the mission and work of our organization and our team.
- I love the people I am blessed to work with.
- I love the people we serve as an organization.
- I love the vision of our organization to grow with innovative new solutions.
- I love the opportunity I have every week to learn, grow, and develop as a leader.
Here are three critical actions you can do as a leader to jump start the power of Monday.
1. Be visible to your team. Walk around and ask questions, both personal and strategic. How was your weekend? What are you doing this week that you are most excited about? What is most challenging?
2. Have a stand up meeting with your key leaders to highlight key work for the week. Use this time to encourage and challenge the team. Thank them for their contribution to the mission and to the future of your organization. Let them know how much you are blessed to work with them.
3. Bring your energy to the table as a well-rested, well-fueled leader. Be confident in the work you lead and in the people you lead. Your organization depends on it.Here are 3 critical actions to jump start your Monday morning! Click To Tweet
Don’t miss the leadership opportunity every Monday brings. And as leaders of faith, I am reminded that God gives us fresh beginnings and new starts every day.
“Because of the Lord’s faithful love we do not perish, for His mercies never end. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness!” Lamentations 3:22-23
What do you do to jump start your Mondays?