Welcome to Season 1, Episode 4 of the Selma on Leadership podcast. In this episode my husband Rodney, co-host Kristen Steele McCall, and I discuss marriage advice and the signs of both a healthy and a hurting marriage.
In this episode you will learn:
- Christian marriage advice from Rodney and Selma about what makes a marriage really strong
- Warning signs of a hurting or dying marriage
- Why making time for your spouse is critical
- The 80/20 marriage tip and why your perspective is so important
- The value of a yearly marriage planning retreat
Click to Listen
TweetsWe forget that we will let our children go, but your marriage is a lifetime commitment. Click To Tweet Having anger is not the sign of an unhealthy relationship, but how you manage it is the key. Click To Tweet Apathy is the real danger sign in marriage... when you stop caring. Click To Tweet For newlyweds, don't take yourself too seriously! It's just one or two years of constant adjustments. Click To Tweet
“A couple that prays together, it’s really hard to seriously go before the Father together, and not grow together, in that process.”
“Marriages that are really struggling, when they come in, at some point, I will tell them, ‘Guys just remember, nothing of where you are – the unique circumstances, the challenges, the wall that you are hitting, and everything else – nothing surprises the Lord. He knows where you are. Also, he knows how all this is going to play out.'”
“For newlyweds, don’t take yourself too seriously! It’s just one or two years of solid, constant adjustments.”
- Your Personal Marriage Planning Retreat
- 10 Ways to Know You’re in a Healthy Marriage
- 8 Signs of a Dying Marriage
- Emotionally Connecting with your Husband
- Follow Rodney Wilson on Twitter
You can download a complete transcription of the episode here.
I’d Love to Hear From You
What do you think about the new podcast? What are you most looking forward to hearing from me on the podcast?
If you have an idea for a podcast episode or a question about something we’ve discussed in an episode, you can email me or comment below.
Also if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. Your comments help to get the word out about the new podcast!