Last month I launched my reader’s survey to gain more clarity from you the reader on how we can best serve you! I was eager to get feedback from you, and I’m excited to share the results as well as our conclusions.
Here’s what we learned:
- More than 77% of you visit the blog at least once a week, with 44% visiting at least three or four times a week
- More than half of you (53%) access the blog via the daily email subscription (which if you aren’t a subscriber, you can sign up here)
- 70% of you liked the frequency of the blog posts
- 78% of you like the length of the blog posts
- About 51% thought that the Friday linkup, Voices of Wisdom, was Interesting and helpful
- More than half of the participants (52%) never listened to my podcast, Selma on Leadership
Some of the things that you like most about the blog are:
- “Addressing relevant issues in practical ways”
- “Hearing truth about marriage, home parenting and work from another Christian woman”
- “Practical help in leadership areas”
- “Her biblical worldview on modern issues”
- “The variety of topics and the voice — helpful, encouraging and relational”
- “The heart of Selma and the willingness and desire to pour into others’ lives”
- “Hearing a woman’s perspective on leadership”
- “Transparency and real life examples”
If we got to sit down and have coffee some of the things you’d want to discuss are:
- “How she has had such a wonderful marriage and keys to keeping it healthy and vibrant in today’s busy world”
- “How you manage your calendar to do all the things you do”
- “Balance of work and family for women in ministry”
- “How to navigate leading as a woman in a male dominated church”
- “Relationships: how to be a better mother and wife”
- “Parenting our adult children”
- “Spiritual health”
- “Putting God first in everyday life”
- “How to live out your calling in the everyday mess of life”
There are so many wonderful conclusions that I take away from all this info, but here are three things that I will keep doing as a result of the survey.
- Keep pointing back to Jesus. I discuss such a wide variety of topics from how to lead meetings to how to pray for your granddaughter, but one thing is for sure: I always aim to point directly to Jesus Christ and to share the Gospel. I hope to provide encouragement for your faith and to equip you in your relationship with Him. That won’t be changing!
- Keep things applicable. I strive to provide content and resources that are applicable where you are in life, and I will continue to do that. In the survey results you provided incredible real life examples of situations at home, at work or in your church that are challenging and I plan to speak into some of those topics with you this year.
- Keep reaching out to you. My team and I have wondered about the effectiveness of the podcast for a few months, and we think it’s time to reach you in some different ways too! Starting this year, I will be hosting regular “Coffee with Selma” times on Facebook Live to directly speak with you and answer some of your questions. I’m really excited about this new format! Stay tuned for when we launch our first one.
If you took time to complete the survey, I can’t tell you enough how much it means to me! Thank you for continuing to believe in me and support my message.