Welcome to Season 5, Episode 10 of the Selma on Leadership podcast. In this episode my co-host Kristen McCall, my husband Rodney and I discuss the importance of celebrating in general and especially wedding anniversaries.
Some highlights from our discussion include:
- Be in a celebration mode: celebrate family, marriages, and everyday life!
- Celebrating your wedding anniversary helps you remember the blessings in your life together.
- Celebrating means we always look to the future with HOPE!
- Selma: “We, as humans, need things to help us remember, like stones of remembrance to not forget all the miracles God has done. In relationships, in businesses, in families, we need stones of remembrance, because when you hit the hard times, then you can remember that God was there in the beginning.”
- Selma: “One of the things we share when we encourage couples is, ‘When you reach the hard place — and we all reach hard places — if you can go through the hard place, there’s a different level of strength that you have in your marriage, because you went through that hard thing and you made it to the other side.'”
- “In celebrating, you’re always looking toward the future with hope, with optimism that you can put the past behind you. And you can because of who we are in Christ.”
Click to Listen
- Connect with Selma Wilson on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram
- Connect with Rodney Wilson on Twitter
- Connect with Kristen Steele McCall on her blog, KristenMcCall.com, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
Click here to download a full transcript of this episode.
I’d Love to Hear From You
What do you think about the podcast? What are you most looking forward to hearing from me on the podcast?
If you have an idea for a podcast episode or a question about something we’ve discussed in an episode, you can email me or comment below.
Also if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. Your comments help to get the word out about the new podcast!