Welcome to Season 5, Episode 9 of the Selma on Leadership podcast. In this episode my co-host Kristen McCall, my husband Rodney and I discuss the top needs of husbands. Do you know what your husband needs?
Some highlights from our discussion include:
- How we can only do our best in marriage when we’re leaning into God and depending on Him.
- As a spouse you’re not responsible to meet all their needs, but you are called to be their helper.
- The importance of recreational companionship for men as a point of connection.
- Rodney: “Wives, get involved and understand that men have deep conversations in the middle of doing recreational things. It’s important to do that and it really does meet a need.”
- Selma: “I think one of the great opportunities we have as wives is to be our husband’s champion, cheerleader, and encourager. Eighty percent of what your spouse does in a healthy marriage is great. Twenty percent is going to be a problem. For example, they don’t pick up their clothes, or they don’t take their glass to the sink. Whatever those things are that irritate you. Eighty percent is great. As wives we need to be encouraging, pointing out their gifts, and being their champion. Just really focusing on the strengths of your spouse instead of on that twenty percent.”
Click to Listen
- Blog: Top 4 Needs of Husbands
- Connect with Selma Wilson on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram
- Connect with Rodney Wilson on Twitter
- Connect with Kristen Steele McCall on her blog, KristenMcCall.com, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
Click here to download a full transcript of this episode.
I’d Love to Hear From You
What do you think about the podcast? What are you most looking forward to hearing from me on the podcast?
If you have an idea for a podcast episode or a question about something we’ve discussed in an episode, you can email me or comment below.
Also if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. Your comments help to get the word out about the new podcast!