Welcome to Season 5, Episode 1 of the Selma on Leadership podcast. In this episode my co-host Kristen McCall and I launch our fall podcast season and discuss 17 Things You Should Never Say to Your Employees. Join us as we discuss the power of our words and important phrases to avoid.
Some highlights from this episode include:
- “Anybody that’s influencing people, whether it’s in the family, in the workplace, or in the church, your words matter more. It’s a stewardship issue.”
- “If you ask somebody, ‘Can you recall anything negative that’s ever been said to you?’ they remember. Negative words are powerful.”
- “If you want to build a healthy, thriving, growing team, then you’ve got to be aware of the power of negative words. There’s certain things you should never say, that should never come out of your mouth.”
- “People want to do a good job. People come to work wanting to be successful. As leaders we need to understand that and we have the opportunity to nourish that, to feed that, to help it to grow and thrive.”
- “Are you a builder or a destroyer? Are you one that builds people up, or are you one that tears people down? Words are one of the most powerful tools you have to do both.”
- “Own your own words, get an assessment so you can get a real perspective on how you’re doing in this area, and then be very careful and intentional about the words you’re using. “
Click to Listen
- 17 Things You Should Never Say to Your Employees
- Connect with Selma Wilson on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram
- Connect with Kristen Steele McCall on her blog, KristenMcCall.com, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
Click here to download a full transcript of this episode.
I’d Love to Hear From You
What do you think about the podcast? What are you most looking forward to hearing from me on the podcast?
If you have an idea for a podcast episode or a question about something we’ve discussed in an episode, you can email me or comment below.
Also if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. Your comments help to get the word out about the new podcast!