Welcome to Season 4, Episode 6 of the Selma on Leadership podcast. In this episode my co-host Kristen McCall and I continue our summer development series and discuss Seasons of a Leaders Life by Dr. Jeff Iorg. Listen in as we discuss the different phases of leadership and how regardless of which season you’re in, there’s always room for growth and development.
In this episode you will learn:
- The 3 seasons of leadership: learning/development, active leading and legacy
- Development strategies for each season of leadership
- How to maximize your current season of leadership
Click to Listen
“You can do a whole lot in your lifetime but you can’t do it all at the same time… We get in trouble when we’re trying to cram it all into one season. The season of being a mom of little ones is very different than the season where you have grandchildren and an empty nest. To have a larger perspective allows you to live life well in whatever season you’re in and not miss all the wonder and beauty of that season.”
“Whatever season you’re in, whether it’s mothering or leadership, you need other people that are in that same season.”
- Summer Development: Seasons of a Leaders Life
- 4 Reasons to Take a Leadership Pause this Summer
- #1 Leadership Action to do This Summer
- Why Leaders Need Rest
- Connect with Selma Wilson on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram
- Connect with Kristen Steele McCall on her blog, KristenMcCall.com, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
Click here to download a full transcript of this episode.
I’d Love to Hear From You
What do you think about the podcast? What are you most looking forward to hearing from me on the podcast?
If you have an idea for a podcast episode or a question about something we’ve discussed in an episode, you can email me or comment below.
Also if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. Your comments help to get the word out about the new podcast!