With Father’s Day right around the corner (only 11 planning days left!), I thought a few suggestions might be helpful. I don’t care what the Dad in your life says, it matters to him that you do something special for him for Father’s Day that honors him.
So, I decided to get some fresh ideas from some Dads I know and admire. So here is a list of ideas straight from them.Need gift ideas for Father's Day? I compiled a list of 25 great ideas and a few things NOT to get! Click To Tweet
25 Father’s Day Ideas for the Dad in Your Life:
2. Hammock tent
3. A favorite book
4. Golf accessories (not expensive stuff, just a towel, some tees, or a hat)
5. Buy or rent a movie
6. My love language is acts of service, so doing a home project for me is great
7.Gifts to match their hobby or an activity like tickets to a sporting event
8. Tech stuff like smartphones, Bluetooth gadgets, or a fitness tracker
9. Wallet, nice sunglasses or hat
10.Take a day off to go to the movies, go to the gym
11. Plan a surprise day trip that includes all the family
12. Some outside yard game to play (bocce ball, croquet, baseball)
13. A great water gun, very powerful, to have a water gun fight with the kids
14. Rent a boat for the day for a family outing
15. A hired handyman – somebody to spend an entire day doing all the small projects around our house that needs to be done
16. Tickets to a ballgame for the whole family
17. Detail their truck/car (and maybe even fill it up)
18. Have their yard mowed
19. Fix their favorite dessert
20. Grilled steak and homemade ice cream
21. Leather journal
22. Two tickets to the Masters in 2017
23. Favorite team’s apparel.
24. Be more affectionate toward your dad
25. Take a family adventure doing something that he enjoys.Do you know what NOT to get the Dad in your life for Father's Day? Click To Tweet
A few of the guys noted things to NOT get:
4. A book that you want him to read
6. By no means give him work to do. 😉 (same goes for Mother’s day)
So enjoy the planning and finding that unique gift that says you know the dad in your life well. Making Father’s Day special will be a blessing for him and for you.
“Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and so that you may prosper in the land the LORD your God is giving you.” Deuteronomy 5:16
What other gift ideas do you have for Father’s Day?