Memorial Day is a holiday celebrated in the United States to remember the more than one million men and women who have given their lives in service of our country. Many will decorate graves with flowers or flags in honor of those that have died.
The flag of the United States will be lowered to the half-staff position until noon on Memorial Day. But at noon it is raised to full staff position as a commitment from those living to not let their sacrifice be in vain and to continue to fight for liberty and justice for all.Why is it important to remember Memorial Day? Here are 10 reasons: Click To Tweet
Why is it so important to remember?
1. The cost of freedom is high.
2. Looking back challenges us to steward well our time in history.
3. It keeps us humble.
4. It give us courage for the future.
5. Reminds us to not take our freedom and liberty for granted.
6. It models honor and respect for our children.
7. It is a reminder to our veterans that we will not forget them.
8. Allows us to celebrate with gratitude and joy with family and friends.
9. Compels us to pray.
10. Calls us to a deeper faith.Memorial Day allows us to celebrate with joy the freedom we have but also stop to remember the price paid for… Click To Tweet
Happy Memorial Day! Many see this holiday as the official beginning of summer. Celebrate with joy the freedom we have but also stop to remember the price paid for that freedom.
“But God proves His own love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us!” Romans 5:8
How do you celebrate Memorial Day? What do you see as important for us to remember?