In this episode you will learn:
- How prayer humbles you and makes all the difference in your leadership and life
- Encouragement for how prayer affects your work life
- How to come to God with confidence in prayer, knowing He will provide
Click to Listen
TweetsWhen we start acting like God, we lose our confidence, because there's no way we can carry the weight. Click To Tweet Prayer is where we bend our knee, we acknowledge our dependence on God and our need for God. Click To Tweet It's better for you to be humbled through prayer than it is for you to be humbled in other circumstances. Click To Tweet
We, as leaders, need to pray, because God will settle our minds and hearts. God will give us peace that surpasses understanding. God will give us confidence, even in a time when there’s a lot of unsettledness.
As leaders we trust Him to give us direction, to give us guidance, and to show up. One of the most beautiful things that you can give your team is that kind of confidence in prayer, and when God does show up, you make sure your team knows that. It’s a great unifying factor on a team. When you’re a praying leader and you teach your own team to pray, and I’ve had those experiences many times, where we as team have prayed and God has shown up.
Getting perspective in prayer will help you have perspective on the rest of your life.
You can download a complete transcription of the episode here.
- Original blog post: 6 Reasons You Need to Pray
- Connect with Selma Wilson on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram
- Connect with Kristen Steele McCall on her blog, KristenMcCall.com, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
I’d Love to Hear From You
What do you think about the podcast? What are you most looking forward to hearing from me on the podcast?
If you have an idea for a podcast episode or a question about something we’ve discussed in an episode, you can email me or comment below.
Also if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. Your comments help to get the word out about the new podcast!