I’m excited to announce that I will be launching the “Selma on Leadership” podcast soon! I am personally enjoying podcasts and find it a great way to engage with others in a short amount of time. I am eager and a little nervous as I jump in and learn with you. I pray this added communication tool would be valuable as you do life and leadership.
In the span of my own leadership, there have been many different leadership tools that have helped me. At one time I lead a magazine team that had a significant impact in the market. Even as magazines have declined in the market, they are still valuable tools for me as a leader. Books, videos, blogs, webcasts, conferences, twitter, emails, and more have all had a place in my growth as a leader. I do believe podcasts are meeting a specific need of engagement for leaders “on the go” managing life and work. There is no doubt that podcasts are rising quickly as a significant tool for leaders. I look forward to learning with you through the “Selma on Leadership” podcast.
My desire for the podcast is to inspire, equip, and encourage you as you use your gifts to grow and reach your full potential in Jesus Christ.
I hope the podcast will be an easy way for you to be energized and encouraged each week.
Some of the topics I’m passionate about sharing are: Biblical truth and biblical principles for life and leadership, practical tools for leadership, principles for building a thriving organization, leadership and personal development planning, and a practical intentional focus on marriage and families. I will be sharing from my experience in leading organizations and in marriage and family ministry for over three decades. I will also be interviewing others that have experience, insight and wisdom for leading well and living well as follows of Christ.
Top Podcasts I Enjoy
- Rainer on Leadership: This podcast with Thom Rainer, President and CEO of LifeWay Christian Resources, features interviews and conversations about ministry and leadership.
- This Is Your Life with Michael Hyatt: This weekly podcast is dedicated to intentional leadership. The goal is to help you live with more passion, work with greater focus, and lead with extraordinary influence.
- Revive Our Hearts: On this podcast author Nancy Leigh DeMoss explores women’s issues from a biblical perspective.
- Andy Stanley Leadership Podcast: This podcast is a conversation designed to help leaders go further, faster. Andy Stanley is a pastor, communicator, author and the founder of North Point Ministries in Alpharetta, Georgia.
- Accidental Creative Podcast: The Accidental Creative Podcast shares how to build practical, everyday practices that help you stay prolific, brilliant and healthy in life and work.
- The Productivity Show | Getting Things Done Podcast: Learn everything about time management, life hacks, productivity and getting things done (GTD). A weekly podcast that teaches you tips, techniques and habits for fighting procrastination, staying motivated, manageing your email, inbox zero, eat that frog and the Pomodoro Technique.
- HBR Ideacast Podcast: A weekly podcast featuring the leading thinkers in business and management from the Harvard Business Review.
Interesting Podcast Facts
- “The increased reach and upward trend line of podcast consumption is evident in every available measure – the percentage of Americans who are listening to podcasts, the level of public awareness, and how many podcasts are being hosted and downloaded.” — Pew Research Center
- “The percentage of Americans who have listened to a podcast in the past month has almost doubled since 2008, from 9% to 17% by January of 2015. — Pew Research Center
- “Connected cars are a boom for the entire streaming audio industry, but they’re especially exciting for podcast makers, whose shows are perfectly suited to in-car listening.” — New York Magazine
So I hope you will join our team and me as we launch a new way to connect through our new podcast, Selma on Leadership! Be sure to subscribe to my email list to be the first to know when the podcast goes live!