June is the month to roll out the red carpet and honor the role of dad. You’re blessed if you had a good dad, and you may still be struggling if you didn’t. We all know the impact of “Dad” in our lives.
I asked my adult daughters to list some of the top qualities and favorite memories of their dad.
Here’s their list:
- He makes us laugh (even though his humor can be corny).
- He listens, asks questions, and cares about what is going on in our lives.
- He prayed over us every night when he thought we were sleeping.
- Riding “Daddy Horsey” off to bed, even when our feet drug the floor.
- The way he loves Mom.
- He took the time to take us on special dates.
- He was always at our plays, musicals, tennis matches, softball games, and more.
- He was our biggest fan!
- The way he reads the Bible every morning.
Make a list and share it with your dad this Father’s Day. Or maybe ask your children to make a list. You’ll quickly notice that the things listed don’t have anything to do with stuff but mostly have to do with time. This Father’s Day, get control of your time. That’s what your children want most from you. Go ahead, stop what you are doing and read to your child, play a game of catch, watch your daughter dance in the sun! Today could make your child’s favorite memories of Dad list.
P.S. What are your dad’s top qualities?