Happy St. Patrick’s Day. Are you wearing green? If not, I think you might get pinched, or at least that is the tradition. If you live in Ireland you get the day off and the country celebrates with parades, festivals, and shamrocks. The root of this holiday is to commemorate Saint Patrick and the arrival of Christianity in Ireland
So today, when many are talking about luck, I want to share why I feel blessed to lead B&H Publishing Group.
- I love the team that I lead. It is made up of some of the most talented, gifted, and committed people in publishing. I believe they are the best team in the industry, not because they/we are perfect but they are committed to our mission to advance the gospel by providing biblical content in all forms. They are committed to grow because they want to reach more people with the gospel. They are committed to excellence and are willing to change, seek personal development, and ongoing learning. They are also committed to building a strong organization as they work as a team, teaching and developing others. I am so blessed to work with this amazing team of publishing and industry leaders. I am a better leader because of the team I lead.
- I have the amazing privilege and honor to sit on the executive leadership team of LifeWay Christian Resources, the largest Christian resource provider in the world. Dr. Thom Rainer is President/CEO of LifeWay, and almost four years ago, he asked me to join his leadership team. I have been blessed to be a part of his team, learning and growing as a leader, and being challenged to lead with courage to advance our mission with resolve to serve the church for decades to come. I am the first woman in leadership in LifeWay’s history, and I am blessed to be the first. I have felt the respect and full support of this executive team.
- I love being in publishing, I love printed books and eBooks, I love Christian Living books and Academic books, I love our Study Bibles and Bible Commentaries, and now that I am a grammy, I love B&H Kids! I love everything about the work I lead. What a blessing to love the work you do. Our industry is going through major changes right now and the speed of change requires a different kind of culture. The challenges are real but the opportunities are so compelling. The digital revolution is giving us the opportunity to reach more with life transforming content. It is allowing us to think much more strategically about the world. It is the best time to be in publishing.
- I am blessed that the work I do is bigger than me, our team, B&H, and LifeWay Christian Resources. Our work depends on God working through us. Our work is about advancing God’s fame and glory in the world. Our work is about advancing the gospel. Our work is about serving the church. We have a commitment to the work that is stronger than the forces that challenge our work. We will do this work until Christ returns. This means I have to spend time in prayer and in God’s Word seeking His wisdom and direction in all that I do.
- Finally, I am blessed because as a nine-year-old girl, I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior and as a fifty-seven-year-old woman I still haven’t gotten over the blessing of His grace. I have been adopted into the family of God, a daughter of the king of Kings. Amazing grace.
I would love to hear from you. Why are you blessed to do what you do?