Welcome to Season 1, Episode 16 of the Selma on Leadership podcast. In this episode I am excited to have Dr. Thom S. Rainer, President and CEO of LifeWay Christian Resources, and my co-host Kristen McCall as we hear how he’s lead change over the past 10 years at LifeWay.
In this episode you will learn:
- How to handle difficult decisions as a leader
- The one characteristic that a change leader has
- How little changes in company culture make a big difference
- That micromanaging communicates to employees that you don’t trust them
Click to Listen
“I think one of the encouragements to the listeners is there are times in our life, for different reasons, we want to quit and we just want to stop leading. Whatever the reason, the courage to step up and lead, and to be a change leader makes you courageous.” —Selma
“To put the [Executive Leadership] team together has been probably one of the most rewarding things. What do I do? I surround myself with people I know who are smarter than I am, wiser than I am, more strategic than I am, and celebrate in their strengths, and just watch them go.” —Thom
You can download a complete transcription of the episode here.
- Connect with Selma Wilson on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
- Connect with Thom Rainer on his blog ThomRainer.com, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
I’d Love to Hear From You
What do you think about the podcast? What are you most looking forward to hearing from me on the podcast?
If you have an idea for a podcast episode or a question about something we’ve discussed in an episode, you can email me or comment below.
Also if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. Your comments help to get the word out about the new podcast!